You are hereHome ›
Hammer Throw & Clinic Registration
Vernon Hammer Classic 2017
Includes hammer throw competition and hammer clinic. Novice throwers will throw after the clinic but not during the actual competition.
Competition Age Categories & Hammer Weights
Deadline for registration is Sunday, April 16th, 2017. Late entries will be accepted on a case by case basis only. For those without access to a credit card, we do accept PayPal and direct email INTERAC e-Transfer. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your intentions.
Open Men and Women (International) $99.00 USD
Competition Thrower (Age 20 and older including Seniors and Masters)
Junior Men and Women (International) $50.00 USD
Competition Thrower (Boys & Girls (13), Midget (14-25), Youth (16-17) & Junior (18-19)
Novice (International) $75.00 USD
First Time Throwers (Personal Challenge Test)
Hammer Throw For the Beginner
Choose this category if you have never thrown the hammer before but would like to try after the coaching clinic with assistance.
Novice throwers do not compete in the actual hammer throw competition. Novice throwers do not need to bring a hammer.
Registration fee includes the following:
- Open Hammer Competition & Hammer Clinic (International, Ages 13 and Up, Masters, Male and Female)
- Novice throwers will throw after the clinic, not during the actual hammer competition
- Competition medals, gold, silver and bronze with customized logo
- Special award for best throw or technique (decided by Meet Management Team)
- Vernon Hammer Classic 2017 'Get Hammered' T-shirt
- Certificate for participation in hammer clinic
- Lecture and group discussion during lunch
- Final awards ceremony and special guest presentation
- Filming of at least one throw during competition
Come to Vernon and Get Hammered!!!
Derek Evely on Hammer Technique and Training
2016 Rio Olympics Hammer Men & Women